Missisquoi Paddle - Pedal and Richford Riverfest
Missisquoi River Paddle-Pedal
and Richford Riverfest
Saturday, June 25, 2016
Over 75 people joined us to paddle and pedal with friends and family in northern Vermont this year! The Missisquoi Paddle-Pedal event celebrates recreation along the Northern Forest Canoe Trail and the Missisquoi Valley Rail Trail between Richford and East Berkshire, VT. The event combines 6.5 miles of flatwater paddling along the Wild and Scenic Missisquoi River and 4.5 miles of cycling back on an adjacent rail trail. This is a family friendly event for all ages, and includes an optional race class, for folks looking for some friendly competition.
You can learn more about this year's event, including times, on our blog here
Photos are available on our Facebook page as well!
PADDLE-PEDAL ENTRY FEES: $15 until June 21; $20 June 22-24; $25 race day. Youth $10.Your contribution will support NFCT river stewardship and our Northern Forest Explorers Youth Program. River Fest: Free!
GEAR RENTALS. Discounted boat rentals (only $10!) are available in advance through Montgomery Adventures. For bike rentals, contact The Jay Cloud Cyclery.
OVERNIGHT ACCOMODATION: Get a good night sleep - and wake up refreshed and ready for the event by staying at Grey Gables Mansion - a bed and breakfast across the street from the boat launch! Discounted rates available for participants.
RIVER FEST: The event is part of the Richford's River Fest (11 am–2 pm) hosted by the Richford Conservation Commission. The family-oriented celebration of the Missisquoi River includes educational activities for kids and adults alike, nature walks, music, a barbeque and a bake sale.
EVENT SCHEDULE (subject to change) Click Here For An Interactive Map
- 8:15 am–9:30 am: Participant check-in at Davis Park in Richford (option to have your bicycle shuttled to cycle start)
- 9:30 am: Participant meeting to review course, logistics, and safety
- 10 am: Event Start
- 12:30 pm: Lunch in park at Richford River Fest (a BBQ benefit for the Richford Library) followed by an awards ceremony, music, give-aways, and activities for kids!
- 11 am–2 pm: Richford River Festival: River snorkeling, nature walks, wild edible lessons, bake sale, kids activities, face painting, and live music!
- 2 pm: Montgomery Adventures will be leading an afternoon paddle on the river (free!)
Online registration is now closed. You may register on the morning of the event 6/25/16 between 8:15 am–9:30 am at Davis Park in Richford, Vermont.
The event coincides with the Richford River Fest. Free boat & bike shuttle service, prizes and give-aways for all participants!
Want to participate but not paddle? We need volunteers to make this event happen!
Thanks to Our Sponsors
The Jay Cloud Richford Conservation Commission