Fall Paddle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jim Marco

Rockne,
    I did this section last fall and was wondering who did the work at the end of Eighth Lake. You guys did some nice work, THANKS!
    I have done that section many times…actually, between Inlet and Long Lake. My wife is now out of backwoods camping due to a knee injury, nor can she handle the Brown Tract Trail, nor Forked Lake Portage. So, last fall I did these solo. Quite impressed with the bloody beaver dams at the start (doesn’t matter WHICH way you start, ha ha) of the paddle on Brown Tract Inlet. A nice piece of water… I think I have done that section 20 times, it’s always different.
    jdm

adkrock

Hi Jim, this is a nice section offering a splashing of lakes and the smooth flow of the Brown’s Tract that meanders slowly toward Raquette Lake. The portages are not too overwhelming either. The maintenance work at the end of Eighth Lake was to negate erosion. I was not available at the time and good ole Walter had
    organized the interns and volunteers nearly three years ago. I agree, they did a great job, it was heavy work!

Rock

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.