Long Lake to Raquette Falls and back?

Home Forums Paddlers’ Place Hitting the Trail Long Lake to Raquette Falls and back?

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ventoracing
    Participant

I’m thinking of a 2 day round trip from the Long Lake DEC boat launch going North to the Raquette River and continuing to the Raquette Falls Carry. I estimate this to be about 14 miles. I plan to spend the night at one of the lean-to in that area and return to the Long Lake boat launch the next day.

Question: I’ve never paddled the Raquette River, so is it possible to easily paddle back upstream from the Upper Falls back to Long Lake?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Kalmia

Michael The Raquette River is flatwater with some current. It is possible to paddle upstream, although upstream will be slower going depending on water levels and the strength of the paddler. It’s a good idea to check the wind and weather forecast – Long Lake is big enough to be challenging with a stiff headwind. – K

Ventoracing
    Participant

Thanks Kalmia. Based on your feedback, I think I will try the trip I outline above.

See you on the trail!

Michael

Ventoracing
    Participant

Thanks Kalmia. Based on your feedback, I think I will try the trip I outline above.

See you on the trail!

Michael

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.