Missisquoi Paddle-Pedal and Richford River Festival
The Missisquoi Paddle-Pedal combines 6.5 miles of paddling down a Wild and Scenic section of the Missisquoi River and 5 miles of cycling on the adjacent Missisquoi Valley Rail Trail. This year’s Paddle-Pedal is set for Saturday, July 15.
As a result of the recent storm, the Missisquoi Valley Rail Trail is closed and the water levels in the river are projected to be higher than we are comfortable with over the next several days. We hope you will join us next year for this annual tradition!
***Scholarships are available for residents of Franklin & Orleans Counties. Please submit this form instead of completing the registration on the right and someone will contact you to discuss participation.***
- 8:15-9:15 am: Bike drop off in East Berkshire. Participant check-in at Davis Park
- 9:15-9:30: Safety talk in Davis Park
- 9:30: Event begins! (Most participants will be finished in two hours.)
- Noon-1: Eat lunch while your boat is shuttled by event staff back to Davis Park.
- 12:45-1: Awards ceremony. Everyone goes home with a prize!
- 1:30-2: Clean up
Boat and Bike Rentals
- Rent a bike from Jay Cloud Cyclery. Call (802) 326-2055 for more info.
- $10 boat rentals are available from the UMATR Wild & Scenic Committee with an advance registration. Bike shuttling (to the take-out point) and boat shuttling (back to the start line) provided. Call (802) 393-0076 or email [email protected] for more info.
- Free bike tune-ups available courtesy of Jay Cloud Cyclery! Look for Ethan at the East Berkshire transition point before the start, and in Davis Park after you finish!
- Sign-up here!
- Proceeds will support waterway stewardship and educational programming along the NFCT.
Camping and Lodging
Camp 20 minutes away at peaceful Lake Carmi State Park. (Walk-in registration for camping is fine; no need for two night reservations). Lodging is also available at the Quincy Hotel of Enosburg Falls and at a new Airbnb listing in Richford.
Want to participate but not paddle and pedal? We need volunteers to make this event happen. Volunteers are needed to help with race timing, registration, and staffing road crossings. E-mail noah@northernforestcanoetrail.
Find out about participant rules before you show up at the event.
Thank you to our past & present partners!
2017 results – See this year’s times.
2017 Photo Gallery – Images of participants by Scott Staples
Schedule and course map – Pertinent info about times and event locations
Event rules – Find out about participant rules before you show up at the event.
Participant “classes” – Check out the category breakdown to see where you fit best.
2016 results and photos – Browse last year’s times and check out our collection of photos.
Interactive course map – Use this tool to better understand the route.
Course Map & Schedule