Long Lake to Saranac River
This section of the trail begins in historic Long Lake, New York, where Adirondack wilderness guides once battled the damming of the waterways with explosives and the nighttime sinking of a steamship. Following the route of early loggers and hunters, the Trail winds along rivers, through a unique silver maple swamp, and across open lakes, where century-old, hand-operated locks still convey paddlers between waterways.
MAP CONTROL TIPS
• Use the drop downs above the map to load section data
• Use the section drop down to view a section in detail
• Use the services drop down to view services by category
• Use the Photo and Video checkboxes to show/hide user submitted media
• Click the icons for more information
GOOGLE MAP CONTROL TIPS
• Use the slide bar to zoom in/out
• Double click to center the map
• Drag the map using your mouse
You can view your trip planner items at any time by opening up this tab. Once you're finished, click the "Print Trip Planner" button to print your personalized trip planner.