Virtual Speakers Series
The Northern Forest Canoe Trail’s Virtual Speakers Series features interactive discussions with a variety of speakers, including NFCT staff and volunteers, waterway stewards, business partners, paddlers, guides and more. Presentations are hosted on Zoom and simulcast on our Facebook page. Participants interact with presenters during Q&A sessions both live and in chats.
NFCT will update this space regularly as new installments are scheduled! Please note that we tend to prioritize virtual events during the winter months when we long to paddle. If you have a topic you’d like to present, send an email to [email protected].
We currently do not have any virtual sessions planned … get out there and paddle!
Watch past presentations:
- March 2, 2023: 2022 Thru-Paddler Presentations. Click here to rewatch!
- Jan. 12, 2023: 2022 stewardship overview and preview of 2023. Click here to rewatch Noah’s presentation!
- April 13, 2022: “An Upstream Paddle of the Lamoille River,” with David & Kelsy Morganwalp. Click here to rewatch the presentation!
- March 23, 2022: “The Onondaga Canoe & Kayak Club Paddles the Adirondacks,” with Hickory Edwards. Click here to rewatch Hickory’s presentation!
- Feb. 17, 2022: “Books, Blogs and Videos: Resources That Inspire Adventure on the NFCT,” with Katina Daanen. Click here to rewatch Katina’s presentation!
- Dec. 15, 2021: Join Noah Pollock in a conversation about the legacy of our stewardship work and to help identify our priorities going forward. Click here to rewatch!
- March 18, 2021: Noah Pollock and the NFCT’s stewardship program. Click here to rewatch Noah’s presentation!
- April 1, 2021: Paddling the NFCT, downstream: a conversation with Thru-Paddlers Mack Truax and Maggie Gremore. Click here to rewatch Mack and Maggie’s presentation!
- April 29, 2021: Planning and preparation for cold water paddling; take a virtual early-spring paddling trip with life long paddler Russ Ford and talk gear with Jean Nielson from NRS. Click here to rewatch the presentation!
- May 13, 2021: Conversation with Brian McDonnell: a life of paddling and the legacy of the Adirondack Watershed Alliance. Click here to rewatch the conversation with Brian and Danny!
- May 27, 2021: The Hard Path to Wilderness: a virtual trip with retired Allagash Wilderness Waterway Supervisor Tim Caverly from Allagash Lake to Allagash Falls. Click here to rewatch the conversation with Tim!
- June 10, 2021: Matt Burnett on Guiding & Paddling with Kids. Click here to watch our conversation with Matt!