Virtual Speakers Series
The Northern Forest Canoe Trail’s Virtual Speakers Series features interactive discussions with a variety of speakers, including NFCT staff and volunteers, waterway stewards, business partners, paddlers, guides and more. Presentations are hosted on Zoom and simulcast on our Facebook page. Participants interact with presenters during Q&A sessions both live and in chats.
NFCT will update this space regularly as new installments are scheduled! If you have a topic you’d like to present, send an email to [email protected].
Watch past presentations:
- Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021: Join Noah Pollock in a conversation about the legacy of our stewardship work and to help identify our priorities going forward. Click here to rewatch!
- March 18, 2021: Noah Pollock and the NFCT’s stewardship program. Click here to rewatch Noah’s presentation!
- April 1, 2021: Paddling the NFCT, downstream: a conversation with Thru-Paddlers Mack Truax and Maggie Gremore. Click here to rewatch Mack and Maggie’s presentation!
- April 29, 2021: Planning and preparation for cold water paddling; take a virtual early-spring paddling trip with life long paddler Russ Ford and talk gear with Jean Nielson from NRS. Click here to rewatch the presentation!
- May 13, 2021: Conversation with Brian McDonnell: a life of paddling and the legacy of the Adirondack Watershed Alliance. Click here to rewatch the conversation with Brian and Danny!
- May 27, 2021: The Hard Path to Wilderness: a virtual trip with retired Allagash Wilderness Waterway Supervisor Tim Caverly from Allagash Lake to Allagash Falls. Click here to rewatch the conversation with Tim!
- June 10, 2021: Matt Burnett on Guiding & Paddling with Kids. Click here to watch our conversation with Matt!