This paddle follows a series of lakes through classic Adirondack scenery: forested mountains rising above lakeside cottages, Adirondack great camps, small towns, and tree-lined shores. Flatwater ponds and small shallow lakes are connected by portages. This trip starts on Old Forge Pond at the western terminus of the Northern Forest Canoe Trail. Take out is at the state run Eight Lake Campground boat launch off state Route 28.
- NFCT Section: Section 1
- Trip Duration: 1 to 2 days
- Miles: 17
- Trip Portages: 2
- Put In: Old Forge Pond next to Town of Webb Visitor Information Center on Route 28 in Old Forge
- Take Out: Eight Lake Campground boat launch off route 28.
- Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company
- Tickner’s Moose River Canoe Trips
- Trail Features