- Duration: June 1st—August 13th
- Field based, full time (40 hours/week). $15/hr ($600/week) compensation
- Base camp in Waitsfield, VT for days off, with communal kitchen, loft, tent space
- Reimbursement for work related travel in personal vehicles
- Opportunity for additional work during the fall 2018
The Stewardship Coordinator will work with a three-person crew to implement projects along the Northern Forest Canoe Trail. The Stewardship Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing crew operations, ensuring adherence to safety guidelines, and working with crew members and volunteers to complete river access, campsites, and portage trails projects.
- Prior trail crew experience; competence in both timber and stone construction techniques.
- Strong outdoor skills; ability to live and work in remote settings • Experience operating various types of equipment, including chainsaws and power tools
- Experience working in a team environment
- Confidence with flatwater paddling
- Enthusiasm for physical work and outdoor living
- Valid driver’s license
- Prior Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder Certification
- Prior crew leader experience
- Experience leading and instructing others in a field setting
- Experience working with volunteers
- Chainsaw certification
- College degree in applicable field
Note: this is a roving, field-based position. The crew camps at rotating project sites. To accommodate volunteers, the crew typically works a Wednesday-Sunday schedule. During days off, the crew either explores the unique recreational opportunities the region offers or returns to our base camp in Waitsfield.
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Noah Pollock at [email protected]canoetrail.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through February 21st, 2019.