Stewardship Crew Leader
The Stewardship Crew Leader will work with our Stewardship Interns and community volunteers to implement projects along the Northern Forest Canoe Trail. The Stewardship Crew Leader will be responsible for overseeing crew operations by fostering leadership and team development, ensuring adherence to safety guidelines, and facilitating high quality river access, campsites, and portage trails projects.
- Duration: May 29th—August 10th
- Field based, full time (40 hours/week). $475-$550/week compensation, depending on experience
- $0.505 per mile reimbursement for work related travel in personal vehicles
- Opportunity for additional work during the fall 2018 and in 2019
- Prior trail crew experience; competence in both timber and stone construction techniques.
- Strong outdoor skills; ability to live and work in remote settings
- Experience operating various types of equipment, including chainsaws and power tools
- Experience working in a team environment
- Confidence with flatwater paddling
- Enthusiasm for physical work and outdoor living
- Valid driver’s license
- Prior Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder Certification
- Prior trail crew leader experience
- Experience leading and instructing others in a field setting
- Experience working with volunteers
- Chainsaw certification
- College degree in applicable field
Note: this is a roving, field-based position. The crew camps at rotating project sites. To accommodate volunteers and our waterway work trips, the crew typically works a Wednesday-Sunday schedule. During days off, the crew typically explores the unique recreational oportunities the region offers.
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Noah Pollock at [email protected]
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis through March 2nd, 2018.