It sounds like a broken record, but it bears repeating: It’s been a weird, weird year.
Like everyone across the country, the staff and volunteers at the Northern Forest Canoe Trail did their best to navigate the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic. Fortunately, our mapping and GIS crew was able to pull together map updates, new suggested trip itineraries and some fun videos to document their work and provide inspiration to paddlers.
Let’s start with the suggested trips. In all, the GIS team — Cameron Larnerd, Benjamin Russell Dohan and Parker Layton — churned out 10 new itineraries that you can check out on our website:
- Black River: Coventry to Lake Memphremagog South Bay
- Lake Memphremagog: Eagle Point Overnight
- Seventh Lake to Blue Mountain Overnight Trip
- Northeast Kingdom Vermont: Lakehopper
- Maine High Peaks: Aziscohos Lake Camping Trip
- Black River: Irasburg to Coventry
- 2nd Connecticut Lake & East Inlet Lake
- Upper Richardson Lake
- Androscoggin River: Boffinger Conservation Area to Berlin
- Lower Barton River to Lake Memphremagog South Bay
These trips offer something for paddlers of all skill levels and include day trips and overnight opportunities. Huge shoutout to the intern crew for pulling all of this together. Read more about the team and their work:
As always, you can check out all of our suggested trips by visiting the Plan a Trip section of our website. These itineraries include on-and-off-trail adventures. For thru-paddling tips and planning, check out our NFCT Trip Planner.
If you have questions, comments, ideas or just want to talk paddling, get in touch: [email protected].